Auburn Ski Club Summer Biathlon Page
Everything you need to know about the Auburn Ski Club Summer Biathlon...
This page last updated 17 June 2003
This page tells you everything you need to know about theAuburn Ski Club Summer Biathlon, which is coming up on Sunday, July 13th,2003. We will be holding two biathlons on this date - one will be a run/match shooting race; the other will be a trail bike/match shooting event. You can participate in either race, or both races. Beginners are welcome; rifles and ammunition is supplied. However, you must attend a safety clinicat 9am the morning of the race. Early registration is encouraged - see the bottom of this page for a link to the form. Volunteers to help with the race are needed. Call Sally Jones at Auburn Ski Club - 530-426-3313 ext. 103 to offer your help.
A few things you should know:
- All participants will be required to sign an ASC waiver form when they arrive. (You can get a copy of the form from the ASC web page.
- If you are not a member of Auburn Ski Club, our insurance policy requires that you become a temporary member for an additional $5.
- We recommend that you use hearing protection, and impact resistant glasses so if you have your own, bring them.
- Be aware that if you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present for you to shoot.
- If you are running, be aware that it will be on dirt trails - e.g. make sure you wear running shoes that have good ankle support.
- If you are participating in the bike/match shooting event, you must have an approved bike helmet.
- ASC will be providing rifles, targets and ammunition. But if you decide to use your own rifle it must be a .22 long rifle with iron (non-optical) sights, and a bolt action. It should have a clip capable of holding no more than five rounds.
- Remember that you are at 7000 feet. Make sure you are in reasonable shape and you wear sun screen.
The schedule of events will be as follows:
8:30 am - Run/shoot race registration opens
9:00 am - Run/shoot registration closes
9:00 am - Mandatory Safety Clinic (Unless you have USBA certification)
10:00 am - 1 km junior run/shoot (8-14 yrs) - prone both times at 25m
10:30 am - 6 km Sport run (15+ yrs - no experience necessary) - Prone and standing stations - targets at 25m
11:30 am - 6 km Match run (15+ yrs - experience necessary) - Targets at 50m
12:00 am - Barbeque lunch and run/shoot event awards
1 pm - Bike/shoot registration closes
2 pm - 9km Sport Mnt. Biking Sport racers will shoot in the prone position, then in the standing position at 25m
Send comments to Allen Takahashi at: email@example.com
Back to the Biathlon Home Page